(2" - 8")
- Easier installation due to narrow face to face affords lowest installed cost compared to other valve types
- Designed to fit between ANSI D-16.5 Class 150 flat faced flanges.
- Strong, one piece molded body design.
- One piece standard S.S. through shaft for positive disc rotation and support.
- Standard polypropylene (PP) disc for higher (180 degree F) temperature service.
- Full body liner seat with integral flanges (eliminates the need for flange gaskets) ribbed for positive flange seating with minimum required torque.
- Standard PVC body and S.S. shaft are effectively isolated from the flow media by the full liner seat.
- Standard S.S., carbon steel plated, or epoxy coated external hardware for added corrosion resistance.
- 2" - 8" valves have spring loaded latch lever for positive disc positioning and shut-off.
- 2" - 8" valves have epoxy coated self-locking worm gear actuators for ease of operation and accurate flow control.
- Electric and pneumatic actuation packages available.
- Locking handles available.
- Stem extensions, universal joints, floor stands available in a variety of materials.
|3||Seat||1||EPDM, VITON®, BUNA N|
|4||Stem||1||SUS 410, SUS 316|
|5||Stem O'ring||1||EPDM, VITON®, BUNA N|
|14||Setpin (Long)||1||SUS 410|
|15||Setpin (Short)||1||SUS 410|
|17||Stem Bolt||1||PVC, PP|
|18||Cap||1||PVC Coated Brass|
|19||Handle Insert||1||Casting Parts|
|20||Bolt||1||Brass, SUS 304|
Viton® and Teflon® are registered trademarks of DuPont Performance Elastomers.
Wafer Style Universal Butterfly Valve For ANSI Flanges
Design Specifications- Thermoplastic Butterfly Valves 2"-8" are wafer style to fit between ANSI B16.5 Class 150 flanges. Disc is contoured for lowest possible pressure drop ( highest Cv). Shaft is 410 S.S. and of one piece, through shaft design, with square drive through entire length of blade. 2" - 6" valves shall be complete with a spring loaded 6 position latch lever. 8" valves shall be either spring lever or gear actuated as required or specified. Seat liners shall be full faced with integral, ribbed flanges. No auxiliary gaskets shall be required for installation. Seat liners shall effectively isolate the body and shaft from the flow media. Seat liners shall also thermally insulate the body from the internal operating temperature. Valve liner and seals are replaceable. Materials of construction shall be: (select as required for service)
Note: The universal style 2-4" butterfly valve fits between ANSI B16.5, DIN, and JIS class 150 flanges, the 6" between ANSI and JIS flanges and the 8" between ANSI flanges.
Body - PVC,ASTM D-1784 (Standard) PP and PVDF available, PP, ASTM D-4104 PVDF available, PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Disc - PP, ASTM D-4101 (Standard) PVDF available, PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Shaft - ASTM A-240, TYPE 410 S.S. (Standard) 304 S.S., 316 S.S. available
Seat/Seals - EPDM, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, Fluorocarbon, Viton® (DuPont Dow Elastomers), Nitrile (Butadiene) Rubber (BUNA N)
Hardware - 2" - 8" 304 S.S.
Lever - ABS, ASTM, D-1788
Gear Box - Cast iron housing ASTM A -53, Epoxy coated
Other Materials Available Upon Request.
Not recommended for compressed air or gas service