Safety Block Ball Valve TU 4
True Union Type (4")
- Safely blocks in both upstream and downstream direction for simple easy, safe system maintenance.
- Double union design permits quick, easy piping system installation, removal, maintenance.
- Stem has internal land above ball that is pressure seated to the body protecting the stem and the stem seal from contaminants in the fluid media.
- Long life self lubricated TFE seats are externally adjustable, fully replaceable.
- True full port design has immeasurable pressure drop.
- Valve body can be rotated 360° for actuation clearance in system.
- Handle indicates valve open/close position.
- Safety design blow-out proof stem.
- Available in socket, threaded, or flanged (ANSI B16.5 class 150) end configurations.
- PVC safety block ball valves are 4" are available in socket or threaded or flanged ends.
- All valves are hydrostatically tested.
- Pneumatic (air to air, air to spring) and electric actuation available.
- All TVI safety block ball valves are backed by our two (2) year guarantee.
- Available with locking handles, stem extensions, 2" square nut operation.
|10||Seat Carrier O-Ring||1||EPDM,VITON®|
|12||Solid End O-Ring||1||EPDM,VITON®|
|13||Mounting Pad inserts||4||Brass|
VITON® is a trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers
Thermoplastic Ball Valve 4" are designed to safely block full system pressure in either direction to allow on-line system maintenance. Valve stem is of the blow-out proof design. Valve has full port for lowest possible pressure loss. Seats shall be easily adjustable and replaceable. Stem has an internal pressure sealed land to protect stem and stem seal from contaminants. Every valve is fully pressure and cycle tested before leaving the factory. Materials of construction shall be: (select as required for service)
Body/Ball/Stem/End Nuts and Connectors
PVC, CPVC, ASTM D-1784
PP, ASTM D-4101
PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Seat- PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), Teflon® ( DuPont Dow Elastomers)
Seals - EPDM, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer
Fluorocarbon. Viton® (DuPont Dow Elastomers)
Fluorel (3M Corp.)
T Handle - ABS, ASTM D-1788
End connectors shall conform to the following standards:
Socket - ASTM - D-2467 (PVC, SCH-80)
ASTM - F-439 (CPVC, SCH-80)
Threaded - ASTM - D-2464 (PVC, SCH-80)
ASTM - F-437 (CPVC, SCH-80)
Flanged - ANSI - B16.5 Class 150
Both socket and threaded end connectors shall by supplied on all 1/2" - 2" PVC and CPVC valves. on 2 1/2" - 4" socket end connectors will be supplied unless otherwise specified.
Valves shall be backed by a full two (2) year guarantee.
Not recommended for compressed air or gas service.