Diaphragm Flange Valves
Flanged Type (1/2" - 10")
- Solid thermoplastic body and bonnet for best overall corrosion resistance.
- Large diameter molded in stainless steel diaphragm stud for long life service.
- Fully lubricated brass or cast iron stem and sleeve. Sizes 3" and larger have bonnet grease fitting for ease of in service lubrication.
- Extra heavy EPDM diaphragm or optional PTFE diaphragm fully backed by EPDM, for long service life under the most severe conditions.
- Unique concave/convex PTFE/ EPDM diaphragm design insures PTFE barrier returns to full open position.
- Standard, adjustable full close position over travel stop to eliminate premature diaphragm failure due to over tightening.
- Full stroke, fully protected open/close position indication.
- Stainless steel or plastic encapsulated external hardware.
- Longer service life and higher Cv values than rubber lined valves.
- High pressure, temperature and vacuum service rated (optional), suitable for most applications.
- Can be used in lined, metal FRP or thermoplastic piping systems.
- Flanged application valves designed to fit between ANSI B16.5 Class 150 flanges.
|1||Body||1||PVC, PP, PVDF, CPVC|
|2||Bonnet||1||PVC, PP, PVDF, CPVC, PPO|
1/2"-10" Cast Iron
21/2"-10" Cast Iron
21/2"-10" SS 41
|7||Diaphragm||1||EPDM, HYPALON TEFLON®|
|12||Stud Bolt & Nut||SS41, SUS304|
|14||Bolt Nut & Washer||SS41, SUS304|
|15||Thrust Bearing||1||Standardized 3" - 10" Used Only|
|16||Stopper||1||SS-41, BRASS, SUS304|
|17||Set Nut||1||SS-41, BRASS, SUS304|
|20||Sheet Ring||1||SS-41, BRASS,SUS304|
|21||Spring Washer||1||SS-41, SUS304|
HYPALON® and TEFLON® are trademarks of DuPont Dow Elastomers
Flanged Body Type 1/2" - 10" Diaphragm Valves
Design Specifications - Thermoplastic Diaphragm Valves 1/2" - 10" shall be molded of solid thermoplastic materials for body and bonnet. Body is of the weir configuration exhibiting large flow area and good flow control capability. Body is designed to fit between ANSI B16.5 class 150 flanges. Stem and sleeve shall be brass or cast iron, fully lubricated . Sizes 3" and larger employ a bonnet grease fitting for ease of lubrication. All valves shall have an adjustable overtravel stop in the close position to prevent overtravel and premature diaphragm failure. Full stroke position indication is enclosed in a clear protective cover. All external fasteners shall be either encapsulated in plastic or of stainless steel materials. Materials of construction shall be: (select as required for service)
Body - PVC,CPVC,ASTM D-1784,PP,ASTM D-4101,PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Bonnet - PPO, ASTM D-4101 (standard), PVC,CPVC,ASTM D-1784,PP,ASTM D-4101,PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Stem/Sleeve - Brass, 1/2" - 2" , C.I., 2 1/2" - 10"
Diaphragm - EPDM, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, Fluorocarbon, Viton® (DuPont Dow Elastomers) only avail. for vacuum service only, PTFE/EPDM, Teflon® (DuPont Dow Elastomers)
Diaphragm Insert Stud- Stainless Steel, Large Diameter
Positive Indicator Cover - PC, Polycarbonate, ASTM - D-2848
Handwheel - ABS, ASTM D-1788
Note: For any diaphragm application with use of sodium hypochlorite, factory must be informed prior to quote.