Butterfly Valve (28 in)
Gear Type (28" - 48")
- Lower initial cost compared to other valve types. Easier installation due to narrow face to face affords lowest installed cost.
- Designed to fit between ANSI D-16.5 Class 150 flat faced flanges. Strong, one piece molded body design. One piece standard S.S. through shaft for positive disc rotation and support.
- Standard polypropylene (PP) disc for higher (180°F) temperature service.
- Full body liner seat with integral flanges (eliminates the need for flange gaskets) ribbed for positive flange seating with minimum required torque.
- Standard PPG body and S.S. shaft are effectively isolated from the flow media by the full liner seat.
- Standard S.S., carbon steel plated, or epoxy coated external hardware for added corrosion resistance.
- Valves have epoxy coated self-locking worm gear actuators for ease of operation and accurate flow control.
- Electric and pneumatic actuation packages available. Locking handles available.
- Stem extensions, universal joints, floor stands available in a variety of materials.
|3||Disc||1||UPVC, PP, PPG, PVDF|
|4||Disc O-Ring (A)||2||EPDM, VITON, NBR|
|5||Disc O-Ring (B)||2||EPDM, VITON, BNR|
|7||Stem O-Ring||2||EPDM,VITON, NBR|
|8||Gear Box||1||Cast Iron|
|9||Gear Box Cap||1||Cast Iron|
|10||Side Cap||1||Cast Iron|
|11||Indicator Plate||1||Cast Iron|
|18||Hand Wheel||1||Cast Iron|
|21||Spur Gear Body||1||Cast Iron|
|22||Spur Gear Body||1||Steel|
|23||Spur Gear Shaft||1||Steel|
|24||Spur Gear Cover||1||Cast Iron|
TVI Butterfly Valve (28" - 48")
Design Specifications Thermoplastic Butterfly Valves 28"-48" are wafer style to fit between ANSI B16.5 Class 150 flanges. Disc is smooth and contoured for lowest possible pressure drop ( highest Cv). Shaft is 410 S.S. and of one piece, through shaft design, with square drive through entire length of blade. Valves shall have epoxy coated gear actuators with handwheel. Seat liner shall be full faced with integral, ribbed flanges. No auxiliary gaskets shall be required for installation. Seat liners shall effectively isolate the body and shaft from the flow media. Seat liners shall also thermally insulate the body from the internal operating temperature. Valve liner and seals are replaceable. Materials of construction shall be: (select as required for service)
Disc- PP, PPG ASTM D-4101 (PPG - Standard Disc) PVC, ASTM D-1784 CPVC, ASTM D-1784 (CPVC disc standard in CPVC valves) PVDF, ASTM D-3222
Shaft - ASTM A-240, TYPE 410 S.S. (Standard) 304 S.S., 316 S.S.
Seat/Seals - EPDM, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer Nitrile (Butadiene) Rubber (BUNA N) Fluorocarbon, Viton® (DuPont Dow Elastomers) Available in the near future Hypalon - Available in the near future
Gear Box - Cast iron housing ASTM A-53, Epoxy coated Other Materials Available Upon Request.
Not recommended for compressed air or gas service